A recent event panel at the Brookings Institution looked at a number of possible policy solutions to improve social mobility for children across the nation. Take notice that most deal with on-the-ground local issues:
- Target housing vouchers more effectively.
- Build public housing in low-poverty areas, instead of high-poverty areas.
- Reform exclusionary zoning laws.
- Better enforcement of fair housing rules by HUD.
- Invest in infrastructure.
- Promote school choice.
Check out the link to see the discussion.