There’s an excellent write-up in The New York Times titled “Straightforward Answers to Basic Questions About Syria’s War.” Foreign policy is not my strong suit and so articles like this are extremely helpful. The questions answered include:
- Who is the Syrian civil war?
- How did the war happen?
- Which countries are involved?
- Why is the war so bloody?
- Why is it divided by religion?
- How did the Islamic State form?
- Why is the refugee crisis so large?
Check it out. It goes nicely with Vox‘s video below.