The following comes from a new report out of the McKinsey Global Institute (McKinsey & Co.):
As shown above, the report identifies five major catalysts for economic growth:
- Shale-gas and oil production
- US trade competitiveness in knowledge-intensive goods
- Big data analytics as a productivity tool
- Increased investment in infrastructure, with a new emphasis on productivity
- A more effective US system of talent development
Perhaps the US does not need to “get used to slower growth.” Perhaps we just need to know our options.