Given my own tendency toward sleep deprivation, I found the following links illuminating:
- “How Sleep Deprivation Decays the Mind and Body” in The Atlantic provides an informative overview of the effects of sleep (or lack of).
- “Real Men Go To Sleep” at Harvard Business Review rejects the “deeply embedded American cultural tradition [that] dismisses sleep as a waste of time.”
- “Naps Are Wonderful, Especially If You Can Lay Down” at Stanford professor Robert Sutton’s blog points out research demonstrating that naps boost performance.
- “Why You Should Sleep Your Way to the Top” at Greater Good (Greater Good Science Center, UC Berkeley) features an interview with Matt Walker, associate professor of psychology at UC Berkeley and Principal Investigator at the Sleep and Neuroimaging Laboratory.
- “The Quiet Secret to Success” at Greater Good links proper rest to elite performers.